Terms updated 2nd Nov 2019 –
Changes – Registered name Rosie Glow Beauty was changed to The Rosie Glow Beauty Studio.
Registered address has been changed to The Design Quarter, 12a High St, Ledbury, HR8 1DS
BACKGROUND: The Rosie Glow Beauty Studio understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of all of my clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About me
My Site is owned and operated by The Rosie Glow Beauty Studio, a sole trader registered in England. Registered address: The Design Quarter, 12a High St, Ledbury, HR81DS. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone number: 07738199459.
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how I use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers. The personal data that I use is set out in Part 5, below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about my collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact me to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I hold. Please contact me using the details in Part 11 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if I am relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 11. It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data I hold about you changes, please keep me informed as long as I have that data. Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. I would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns myself, however, so please contact me first, using the details in Part 11.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect and How?
Depending upon your use of my Site, I may collect and hold some or all of the personal and non-personal data set out in the table below, using the methods also set out in the table. I do not collect any personal data relating to children OR data relating to criminal convictions and/or offences.
|Data Collected||How We Collect the Data|
|Identity Information including Title, First and last Name.||Contact Form, Review Submission, Commenting on site, Patient records / Consultation.|
|Contact information including Address, email, phone number.||Contact Form, Review Submission, Commenting on site, Patient records / Consultation.|
|Payment details, amount,||Through Paypal or payment in person.|
|Client records – (Treatment History, patient history & Medical history, products, treatments, appointments)||Patient records / Consultation|
|Technical information including Logins details (for admins only), IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.||Security software Analytics|
|Data from third parties including profiles on social media, information you choose to share, via messaging, reviews, replying to posts etc.||Social media sites i.e. Facebook or Google.|
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. The following table describes how I will use your personal data, and my lawful bases for doing so:
|What We Do||What Data We Use||Our Lawful Basis|
|Administering Our Site.||Name & contact details. Technical data. Social media||Contractual.|
|Administering our business.||Name & Contact details . Payment details||Contractual.|
|Supplying our products to you.||Name & contact data, Payment data.||Contractual.|
|Managing payments for our products.||Account name Amount order number.||Contractual.|
|Marketing||Name, contact details||Consent|
|Communicating with you. To reply to enquiries or to resolve issues with orders||Name and Contact details.||Contractual & consent.|
With your permission and where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone OR text message with information, news, and offers on my products AND services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the Data Protection Legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out. I will always obtain your express opt-in consent before sharing your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes and you will be able to opt-out at any time. I will only use your personal data for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected unless I reasonably believe that another purpose is compatible with that or those original purpose(s) and need to use your personal data for that purpose. If I do use your personal data in this way and you wish me to explain how the new purpose is compatible with the original, please contact me using the details in Part 11. If I need to use your personal data for a purpose that is unrelated to, or incompatible with, the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, I will inform you and explain the legal basis which allows me to do so. In some circumstances, where permitted or required by law, I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent. This will only be done within the bounds of the Data Protection Legislation and your legal rights.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
|Type of Data||How Long We Keep It|
|Patient treatment records (including client history||7 years as required by insurance company.|
|Payment records||7 years in accordance with UK tax requirements.|
|Contact information For newsletter||Until customer unsubscribes or the newsletter is no longer sent by Us.|
|Contact information for Enquires||Email enquires will be deleted once resolved.|
|Technical information including IP.||Upto 26months.|
|Social Media – Post, reviews, messages.||Indefinitely – unless we close our social accounts or you request a deletion.|
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
I will store or transfer some of your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation, GDPR, and/or to equivalent standards by law.
I may store or transfer some or all of your personal data in countries that are not part of the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein) OR EEA. These are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. This means that I will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Legislation as follows.
I use specific contracts with external third parties that are approved by the European Commission for the transfer of personal data to third countries. These contracts require the same levels of personal data protection that would apply under the Data Protection Legislation. More information is available from the European Commission.
Where I transfer your data to a third party based in the US, the data may be protected if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. This requires that third party to provide data protection to standards similar to those in Europe. More information is available from the European Commission.
Please contact us using the details below in Part 15 for further information about the particular data protection mechanisms used by us when transferring your personal data to a third country.
The security of your personal data is essential to me, and to protect your data, I take a number of important measures, including the following:
- limiting access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties with a legitimate need to know and ensuring that they are subject to duties of confidentiality;
- procedures for dealing with data breaches (the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, your personal data) including notifying you and/or the Information Commissioner’s Office where I am legally required to do so;
- All computers and mobile phones are password protected.
- Paper notes and records are kept securely within The Rosie Glow Beauty Studio premises
- No client records are left out in view of clients.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
- Web-designer – provides technical support and site security.
- Companies who will provide a service for your site eg. website security, cookie management, analytics, PayPal.
- Social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Google) Any data entered onto these system the data is controlled by the platform and not The Rosie Glow Beauty Studio. Please be careful what information you provide on them.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 11. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding. I will respond to your subject access request within 1 week and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of my progress.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details : Registered address: The Design Quarter, 12a High St, Ledbury, HR8 1DS. Email address: email@example.com. Telephone number: 07738199459.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change my business in a way that affects personal data protection. Any changes will be made available at top of this page. This Privacy Notice was last updated on Jan 2019.